Mission Growth Timeline
Inclusion of a mission parish in Annunciation Parish strategic plan.
Coffee at Gus’s Keystone Restaurant, featuring Fr. Timothy Hojnicki, sharing with Annunciation group of the Holy Apostle Mission Parish experience.
Presentation by Fr. Hojnicki to Annunciation Parish Council on the roadmap of birthing a mission parish.
February 2015 to May 2016
Meeting twice monthly at Lititz Mennonite Church for prayer, study, and fellowship.
Meeting with Fr. Boniface Black in Rehoboth Beach, DE to discuss methods of establishing a mission parish. Fr. Black established six mission parishes during his ministry.
The Annunciation Parish Council approved unanimously to transfer $7600 from the Philanthropy account to the mission parish account.
Establishment of an administrative arm of the mission parish, with bi-weekly meetings to discuss future course of action.
- Hosted a “splash” event featuring Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick at the Keystone Villa in Ephrata, with 45 people in attendance.
- Articles appeared in the Lancaster Newspaper and area Merchandisers focusing on the mission parish.
- The Parish Council agreed unanimously to contribute $5000 per year for the next five years from the Philanthropy account to the mission parish account (beginning in 2016).
Business plan including budget and facility needs developed for 2016.
After considering several sites, the mission advisory board and the Annunciation parish council agreed to lease a place in Warwick Center (28 Copperfield Circle) in Lititz, with the lease beginning July 1.
Metropolitan Savas of Pittsburgh gives his blessing to name the mission Transfiguration Orthodox Church.
Renovations to the mission site at 28 Copperfield Circle completed, including a small Narthex, Sanctuary, Altar, and fellowship room.
- Metropolitan Savas appoints Fr. Alexander Goussetis to serve as Pastor of Transfiguration Church, effective September 1.
- Mission opens with Water Blessing service on August 3. Feast day celebrations of the Transfiguration take place on August 6.
- First pastoral visit by Metropolitan Savas on Holy Monday during Holy Week services.
- First full Holy Week schedule of services and Pascha celebration.
- Move to 26 Copperfield Circle, doubling our worship and fellowship space.
- Developed a 3-5 year Mission Strategic plan
- Established an Advisory Board of ten members
- Established the Transfiguration Sisterhood for spiritual development & outreach/service
- Hosted our first public pre-Lenten retreat for the Lititz community, with 33 people attending
- Developed live-streaming of services on our own YouTube channel